Friday, July 13, 2012

REVIEW: Maybelline Pure Makeup Foundation in Nude (Light 04)

If you have been reading my blog post you already know that I've been winning auctions in Facebook and yesterday, the my prizes came! 

The Parcel includes Maybelline Pure Makeup Foundation, Maybelline Mineral Power concealer and a L'Oreal Auto lip pencil in nude. 

And my winning bet was only Php100 for the Foundation and the Lip pencil while the concealer was sold for Php140 because the online shop was also on sale at the same time so I grabbed the chance because I really wanted to buy concealer for my super visible acne scars and of course, I'm really careful in choosing products that I would put on my face. I don't want to have breakouts all over again.

Today, I'm going to review the Maybelline Pure Makeup Foundation that looks like this:

    by the way I'm a NC25 in MAC. Actually I don't own one but I went to one of their stalls (the one at Rockwell) and found out that that was my shade because I was really curios and most of the reviewers always use MAC for references :)



I always see to it that the products that I put on my face will include a "won't clog pores" or "non-comedogenic" which by the way means the same

                    the shade was a little dark on me but still blends well so it's okay for me



TEST TIME:
Concealness
                                              say Hello to my ugly pimple scars

                                                         with one layer

 with 3 layers as you can see its a little darker on me or its just too yellow on me but I don't mind because will just use some powder but not today because I want to test the product's reaction on my skin alone

 
I have put this only on the left side of my face and as you can see it blended well even without any setting powder or whatsoever


OVERALL RATING:
Pros:
*it really is water soluble can be washed with water alone
*has buildable coverage which is great :)
* blends in my skin quite well
* doesn't have that cosmetic scent
*doesn't sit into my pores
*gives you a really nice powdery feeling

Cons:
* doesn't give keep its promise that you will be SHINE FREE
* makes my face oily 2 hours after I used it
* no SPF :(



2 comments:

  1. Hello! I've seen your concealer reviews, I actually tried 3 concealers already(F21, Ever Bilena) but none of them is suitable for me. What are you currently using? I'm sorry to ask, but i'm kind of really desperate right now :) Thanks for your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mai! Im sorry for the late reply I cannot access my Blog last few days well anyways, Im using my Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer in Cream and 4u2 Lovelight BB Powder in 02 but it was a little dark on me. I've been searching for a great concealer too, I've been eyeing on the Cinema Secrets Concealer, I've reead that it can hide tattoos really well but it sells at Php1000++ here in the Philippines. If your budget cannot afford tell me what your skin type and its my pleasure to help you out because I've been researching for great concealers and foundations that gives full coverage. I will try the Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combo skin really soon :)

    ReplyDelete